Ever thought of running Android Apps on Windows 11? The good news is that, users of Windows 11 can now run native Android Apps on their PCs. This follows Windows 11 updates that started rolling out as from February 15, 2022. Before this update, the support for Android apps was a reserve for Windows 11 insiders. However, now, any person can readily download and install Android apps onto windows 11 PC. One can do this by use of the Amazon Appstore Preview for Windows. To access Amazon Appstore Preview, first install the Amazon Appstore app onto your Windows 11 Pc.
Amazon Appstore App Installation on Windows 11
Windows 11 users can install the Amazon App in two ways:
- Install from the Microsoft Store. To do this, search for “Amazon Appstore”.
- Install any Android app from Microsoft Store. By so doing, Amazon Appstore will automatically install.
HowAndroid on Windows 11 Changes things
By installing Android apps on Windows 11, a lot of things will change for Android user. From now on, users will sync their smartphones with their PC apps. However, not all apps will be affected; only some selected number of apps are currently officially supported. On the other hand, Windows 11 uses the Amazon Appstore while Adroid Apps use Google Play Store. This means that, once you download or purchase apps through your PC, the app will be tied to Amazon account and not the traditional Google account.
All the same, the Amazon Appstore Preview for Windows 11 include one a thousand apps and games including most common apps. The apps are tested and confirmed to operate well on Windows 11 computers that run AMD nd Intel hardware.
How to Install Android Apps on Windows 11
To install Android Apps onto Windows 11, first you need to check for Windows updates and install them.
- Open Settings on your PC. Click on Update & Security then Windows Update.
- Click “Check for Updates”
- Install all available updates by following the on-screen instructions.
Then, make sure that your Windows 11 PC has its hardware virtualization enabled since Windows 11 runs Android in virtual machine. To check if virtualization is enabled, go to Performance tab on the Task Manager or press Ctrl+Shift+Esc.
The third step, make sure your Microsoft Store is up to date. To be sure, open it and update all the apps on the “Library” page.
To achieve this, follow the steps below:
- After the updates, open Microsoft Store on your PC.
- Click on the “Library” tab and select “Get updates”
- Install the updates.
After successful installation of updates, proceed and download Amazon Appstore Preview for Windows 11.
- Open your Microsoft Store.
- Search for Amazon Appstore.
- On Amazon Appstore Preview landing page select Install.
- Continue and install Android subsystem for Windows once prompted to do so.
- After installation, launch it and sign in to your Amazon account. If you do not have an account with Amazon, create one.
From now on, you can comfortably browse Android apps on your PC via Amazon Appstore Preview.
Opening Android Apps
Android apps running on Windows 11 somehow behave like normal Windows apps in terms of running them. Just as you open Windows applications from the desktop or Start Menu, this is the same way that yo run Android apps. The app you chose to run opens on its own window.
Get to Know More
Learn more on Windows Subsystem for Android from the link provided below. Here you will get all what you need to know as far as working with Android Apps on Windows 11.